- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tex Mex Noodle Cake Recipe
|Angel hair pasta||8 Ounce (Uncooked)|
|Finely chopped red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||3 Tablespoon (Asiago Or Parmesan)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84 mg
Sodium 315.5 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 45.3% Vitamin C 59.6%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Follow the package direction to cook pasta, salt.
2) Drain water and cool slightly, but do not rinse.
3) In a medium bowl combine pasta with bell pepper.
4) In a small bowl, add egg, egg white, milk, cheese, chili powder, cumin and black pepper to combine.
5) Pour the mixture over pasta, to toss to coat evenly.
6) Use a large nonstick skillet to spray with nonstick cooking spray.
7) Add pasta mixture, spreading evenly and pressing firmly.
8) Cook the pasta mixture over medium-low heat until bottom is golden brown, about 7 to 8 minutes.
9) Use a large plate to slice noodle cake. Return to skillet by inverting from plate.
10) Cook the cake until brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
11) Cut into wedges to serve warm by topping with yogurt and cilantro.