- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tex Mex Chicken Lasagna Recipe Video
|Tortilla chips||8 Large (gluten free - 4 of them sliced in half)|
|Cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Canned red kidney beans||10 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Leftover rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Marinara||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salsa||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, grated|
|Canned pitted black olives||10 Ounce, sliced|
|Scallion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Nonstick spray||1 Dash|
Calories 1506 Calories from Fat 649
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.9%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.4%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 119.9 mg
Sodium 3133.8 mg130.6%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 60 g120.9%
Vitamin A 41% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 85% Iron 37.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray an 8 x 12 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
3. In a medium saucepan over a medium heat, stir together the marinara sauce, salsa, water, and taco seasoning, heat until it just comes to a boil then remove it from the heat and set it aside.
4. In a large bowl stir together the chicken, beans, rice, and 1 cup of the sauce and set it aside.
5. Place 1 cup of the marinara sauce mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
6. Place one tortilla in the center and two halves along the sides of the baking dish.
7. Layer on 1/3 of the chicken, bean and rice mixture then top with 3/4 cup sauce, ¼ of the grated cheddar, and 1/3 of the chopped olives.
8. Repeat the layers of the ingredients again, finishing with a tortilla layer topped with the remaining sauce.
9. Reserve the final 1/4 of the cheddar cheese until after the first baking.
10. Cover the dish with foil and bake it for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
11. Remove the foil, top with the reserved cheddar and bake it uncovered for 15 minutes.
12. Garnish Tex Mex Chicken Lasagna with chopped scallions and sour cream and serve.
If you’re following a gluten free diet, be sure to check the ingredients list of the salsa, marinara sauce, and taco seasoning to ensure that they don’t contain gluten. And if you’re not following a gluten free diet, use regular tortillas in the recipe.