- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tex Mex Chicken Burritos Recipe
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Low Fat Or Regular)|
|Barbecue sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken||1 Pound, grilled (At Room Temperature)|
Calories 908 Calories from Fat 535
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.3%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g50.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.6 mg
Sodium 1092.1 mg45.5%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 24.9% Vitamin C 47.6%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. In aluminum foil wrap the tortillas and heat them.
3. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, barbecue sauce and cumin, season to taste with salt, pepper and the juice of half a lime and set aside.
4. To prepare the tomatoes cut them into quarters, remove the seeds with a spoon and cut them into 1/2-inch dice.
5. Peel and pit the avocados, cut them into 1/2-inch dice and place in a bowl.
6. In the bowl, toss the tomatoes with the avocados and the juice of the remaining lime half.
7. Then coarsely chop the cilantro leaves and mince the jalapeno peppers, if using.
8. Trim and thinly slice the scallions, including the green tops and cut the remaining lime into wedges. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
9. In individual bowls place the chicken and all the accompaniments so that each diner can assemble his or her own burrito.
10. To the table bring the tortillas, still wrapped and each time you take one out of the package, rewrap the remainder.
11. To assemble, spread the barbecue mayonnaise over a tortilla, scatter some chicken, tomato and avocado, scallions, cilantro, and jalapenos in the middle of each tortilla.
12. To set the burrito fold the bottom of the tortilla up toward the center, then fold the sides toward the middle, leaving only the top open, so the filling doesn't fall out and serve.