- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tex Mex Cabbage Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , thinly sliced into rings|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, drained and quartered (1 Can)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||3 Ounce (3/4 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1100 Calories from Fat 484
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.5%
Saturated Fat 34.3 g171.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.6 mg
Sodium 2680.5 mg111.7%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.7%
Dietary Fiber 33.7 g134.7%
Sugars 43.4 g
Protein 41 g83%
Vitamin A 171.3% Vitamin C 653.2%
Calcium 114.8% Iron 75.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a knife cut cabbage into g wedges and discard the core.
2) In lightly salted boiling water cook covered for 10 minutes
3) Strain water and keep the wedges in greased 2-quart shallow baking dish.
4) In a medium saucepan melt butter and mix sugar, onion, and green pepper. Cook over medium heat and stir constantly till vegetables are cooked.
5) Mix tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
6) Pour it over cabbage.
7) Top the vegetables with cheese and bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes.
8) Serve hot.