- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tex Mex Bake Recipe
|Crushed corn chips||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Onion soup mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green chilies||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||3 Ounce|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
Calories 1053 Calories from Fat 558
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.2%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.6 mg
Sodium 3618.5 mg150.8%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 41 g82.4%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 173.2%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, mix together corn chips, egg and water.
3) In a 9-inch pie plate of casserole, press the mixture.
4) In preheated oven, bake for 10 minutes.
5) In a larg bowl, mix onion soup mix with chilies, beef and 1/2 cup of cheese.
6) In the baked crust, evenly press the beef mixture.
7) Top the beef with green peppers and tomato sauce.
8) Bake the dish for 30 minutes.
9) Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the beef abd bake for further 5 minutes until beef is cooked through and cheese starts melting.
10) Cut the bake into pieces and serve as snacks.