- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Terrine De Canard Recipe
|Oven ready duck||3 Pound, skin and bones removed (1.5 Kilogram, 1 Whole)|
|Minced pork||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Minced veal||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Dried mixed herbs||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Rindless streaky bacon rashers||10|
|Orange||2 (For Garnish)|
|Watercress sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.8 mg
Sodium 149.4 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 57 g113.7%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 46.7%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the dices from the duck meat and mix with inced pork and veal.
2) In the meat mixture add, garlic, Worcestershire, orange juice and herbs along with wine, salt and pepper.
3) Cover the mixture and keep in fridge overnight to chill.
4) With a sharp knife, make bacon rashers.
5) Line a 1 kg/2lb terrine or loaf tin, with the bacon rashers at the base as well as on the sides.
6) Spoon the meat mixture and press it in the tin.
7) Add brandy and cover the tin with foil.
8) Preheat the oven
9) Place the loaf tin in a roasting tin filled with boiling water that comes halfway to the cover the loaf tin. 10) In a preheated oven, cook for 1 1/2-1 3/4 hours.
11) Leave the terrine to get cool.
12) On a serving plate, turn out the terrine and garnish with orange twists and watercress sprigs.