- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Terrific Beer Stew Recipe
|Beef||1 Pound, pounded|
|Beef||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Frozen green peas package||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen green peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Browning sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.3 mg
Sodium 587.4 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 30 g59.2%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 4% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the cooking bag in a casserole dish.
2) Combine beef, broth, beer, sugar, salt, pepper and caraway in the bag. Turn the bag multiple times so that the contents mix well.
3) Pull the bag up, and wrap ends with a twist tie leaving a 3-inch gap from top. Make six half-inch slits on top of the bag.
4) Place the casserole in the oven and heat on high power for 8 to 10 minutes.
5) Heat again on low power for 20 to 25 minutes.
6) To the cooking bag, add onions and peas. Close again as explained above.
7) Heat on low power for an additional 30 minutes or until the beef and vegetables are tender.
8) Take the casserole out and carefully open the bag. Turn down the sides.
9) To this, stir in flour blended with water and browning sauce.
10) Heat on low power for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until the stew is slightly thickened.
11) Serve hot with mashed potatoes, if desired.