- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Teriyaki Steak with Fennel Slaw Recipe
|Reduced salt soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1 Teaspoon|
|Sirloin/Rump steaks||18 Ounce, trimmed of visible fat|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated|
|Fennel bulb||1 , thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 360.4 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 64.4% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combining the soy, vinegar and honey.
2. Add the steaks to the marinade and turn to coat.
3. Marinate for 10-15 minutes.
4. Toss together the carrot, fennel, onion and coriander and chill until serving.
5. In a griddle sear the steaks for a few minutes on each side, according to the thickness and as per the desired degree of doneness.
6. Remove the meat onto a platter and add pour in the remaining marinade to the pan.
7. Heat until it reduces a thick sticky sauce.
8. Dressing the salad with the lime juice and pile onto plates.
9. Top with the steaks.
10. Spoon the sauce over the meat.