- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Teriyaki Fish Recipe
|Teriyaki sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Rice vinegar||2 Teaspoon, seasoned|
|Ginger root||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated and pared|
|Flounder fillet||1⁄4 Pound|
|Canned water chestnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped, drained|
|Bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, finely diced (Red Or Green)|
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 183.7 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a shallow mixing bowl of stainless-steel or glass and mix the teriyaki sauce, 2 teaspoons of water, gingerroot and vinegar thoroughly.
2) Place in the refrigerator with the cover on for 20 minutes or let it remain overnight.
3) Pre-heat the broiler to medium temperature.
4) Take a broiler pan and spread nonstick cooking spray.
5) Add the fillets, retaining the marinade and place them within the pre-heated broiler cooking for 5 minutes until the fish flakes on being tested with a fork.
6) Take a small sized nonstick skillet and add the water chestnuts along with the pepper, cooking on medium-high flame for a minute, stirring often until the pepper becomes tender.
7) Take another bowl and combine the cornstarch with the retained marinade stirring vifgorously so that the cornstarch dissolves completely.
8) Add it to the water chestnut mixture and mix well by stirring.
9) Allow the mixture to boil for a minute more, stirring continuously.
10) Take a plate and arrange the fish fillets pouring the water chestnut sauce over it before serving.