- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry Recipe
|Root ginger||1 , peeled|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Groundnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Spring onion||1 , sliced|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.7 mg
Sodium 278.4 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Freeze the steak inside the frozen zone for an hour or so, by wrapping with plastic sheet.
2) Slice the steak thinly across the grain. Remove the fat, if any.
3) In a pestle and mortar, crush the ginger and garlic with the peppercorns.
4) In a bowl, add ginger, garlic and peppercorns to whisk with the teriyaki marinade, sherry and sugar.
5) Place the steak slices and mix well. Leave to marinate inside refrigerator for 24 hours, turning the meat occasionally.
6) Place the meat at room temperature for an hour, just before cooking.
7) In a wok or deep frying pan, heat oil until hot over medium heat.
8) Add the steaks by removing from marinade.
9) Place the heat to high and stir-fry for a minute.
10) Pour in the marinade and stir-fry for another minute.
11) In a warm serving dish, serve the preparation by garnishing with spring onion.