- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tenth Anniversary Ribs Recipe
|Beef ribs/Pork ribs||4 Pound|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Tomato sauce||24 Ounce (Three 8 Ounce Cans)|
|Onions||1 Small, minced|
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, diced (1 Can)|
|Maple syrup||5 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Smoke salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 504 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.8 mg44.6%
Sodium 643 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 47 g94.7%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 32.2%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large enamel kettle, mix together garlic, tomato sauce, onions, red wine, geen chillies, maple syrup, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, mustard, worcestershire sauce, celery seds, pepper, cayenne and smoke salt.
3) Allow the sauce to come to a boil before turning down the heat, cooling uncovered for about 60 minutes.
4) In a deep pot covered with water, put the ribs in and let boil on low heat for about 60 minutes till they become tender.
5) Once the ribs are done, transfer them to a shallow baking pan.
6) Pour the prepared sauce over the ribs.
7) Bake for 30 minutes, turning over and basting the ribs intermittently.
8) Serve the Tenth Anniversary Ribs hot.