- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Tempeh Lean Salad Recipe Video
|Tempeh||4 Ounce, cut in thin strips|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Large, squeeze|
|Fresh basil/Mint||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped (or cilantro)|
|Mrs. dash||1 Teaspoon (any flavor)|
|Agave syrup||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 28.5 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 112.9% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium sized skillet spray non-stick cooking oil.
2. Add tempeh to the skillet, and cook it for 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. In a large bowl combine carrot, cucumber, lemon juice, basil, Mrs. Dash, and agave syrup.
4. Put cooked tempeh in the bowl. Toss them well.
5. Serve tempeh salad chill with basil garnish.
Allow the tempeh to cool before mixing it with the other ingredients. This will make it taste better.