- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tenderloin Pinwheels Recipe
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sliced boiled ham||4 Ounce, cut in small (1 Package)|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3849 Calories from Fat 1609
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 181 g278.7%
Saturated Fat 87.1 g435.3%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 1858.9 mg
Sodium 6431.9 mg268%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.2 g68.9%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 441 g882.1%
Vitamin A 187.1% Vitamin C 93%
Calcium 39.7% Iron 157.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Trim mushrooms and chop very fine; saute in 4 tablespoons of the butter or margarine until soft in a medium-size skillet. Spread half evenly over each tenderloin.
3. Cook peas, drain. Mash coarsely with a fork in a large bowl; add ham, bread crumbs, eggs, salt and pepper; toss lightly to mix.
4. Spread over mushroom layer on meat. Starting at thinnest end of each tenderloin, roll up, jelly-roll fashion. Tie rolls at 1-inch intervals with string. Set side by side on a rack placed in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
5. Cook beef broth rapidly in a small saucepan for 10 minutes, or until it measures about 3/4 cup; stir in remaining 4 tablespoons butter or margarine until melted. Brush part over pork rolls.
6. Bake in slow oven (325°), brushing every 15 minutes with broth mixture, 1 1/2 hours, or until pork is tender and richly glazed. Remove to heated, large, serving platter; cut away strings. Slice each roll into thirds.