- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tempeh Club Sandwich Recipe Video
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup/Maple sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cumin||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Tomato||1 , sliced thinly|
|Red onion||1 Small, sliced thinly|
|Red pepper and mushroom pasta sauce||100 Gram, roasted strips|
|Russian dressing||5 Teaspoon|
|Sandwich bread||200 Gram|
|Vegan margerine||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1070 Calories from Fat 455
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.7%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4289.3 mg178.7%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g38.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 55.1 g
Protein 45 g89.4%
Vitamin A 64% Vitamin C 40.8%
Calcium 47.5% Iron 51.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Slice the tempeh in half then slice each piece in half again. Turn the tempeh pieces on their side and carefully slice them through the middle to make eight thin pieces.
3. Lay the pieces in a single layer in the bottom of a 9″ X 13″ baking dish.
4. For making tempeh – Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients and pour this over the tempeh. Cover with aluminum foil and bake the tempeh for 30 minutes, then check it.
5. Remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
6. To prepare the sandwich, heat a heavy skillet on medium heat.
7. Prepare each slice of bread with lettuce, tomato, red onion, peppers, and tempeh.
8. Top with dressing, then place your top slice of bread on the sandwich. Brush the bread with margarine or oil and grill.
9. Brush the un-greased top, flip carefully, and grill the other side until nice and toasty.
10. Serve these club sandwiches with your favorite drink.