- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tea Rusks (Bread Toast for Tea Time) Recipe Video
|Bread slices||6 Medium (Bread with caraway seeds used)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (Use as required to spread on bread slices)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 210.8 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Baking tray
1. Preheat the oven at 200 F.
2. Take some butter in a bowl, add freshly ground cardamom powder and sugar. Mix the butter well.
3. Spread the prepared flavored butter on both sides of the bread. (Spreading on the second side is optional)
4. Line the bread slices spread with butter on a baking tray and put it into the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes change the oven setting to broil and put the tray back into the oven for another 5 minutes or so to make the slices crispy instantly. Keep checking to ensure that the slices do not get burnt.
6. Store the tea rusks in an air tight container.
6. Serve as a snack with hot tea or with a glass of milk.
Other flavor suggestions for the spread are cinnamon flavored (use cinnamon powder), masala tea rusk or you can simply add salt and pepper to the butter and spread over the bread slices.