- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tea Bread Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All bran cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mashed banana||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), mashed with water|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (Used For Mashing Banana)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2745 Calories from Fat 741
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132%
Saturated Fat 34 g169.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg110.8%
Sodium 2800.1 mg116.7%
Total Carbohydrates 466 g155.5%
Dietary Fiber 29 g115.8%
Sugars 209.3 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 53.2% Vitamin C 134.5%
Calcium 87.7% Iron 201.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
3) Add the all-bran cereal and mix thoroughly.
4) Then stir in the egg, blend well.
5) In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together.
6) Stir into the bran mixture, alternately with the mashed banana and water mixture.
7) Lastly stir in the vanilla and nuts.
8) In a loaf pan, turn the mixture and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
10) Slice and serve the Tea Bread, immediately on a serving platter.