- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Starfish Restaurant, Laguna Beach - Tatalo Filet Mignon And Scarlet Prawns Recipe Video
|Rice noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained (For the Scarlet Prawns)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For the Salad dressing)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For the Salad dressing)|
|Salt||1 Dash (For the Salad dressing)|
|Pepper||1 Dash (For the Salad dressing)|
|Mixed beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (For the salad)|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienned (For the salad)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop (For the salad)|
|Garlic chives||2 , chop (For the salad)|
|Basil leaves||3 Medium (For the salad)|
|Filet mignon||1 Medium (For the Filet mignon)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For the Filet mignon)|
|Salt||1 Dash (For the Filet mignon)|
|Pepper||1 Dash (For the Filet mignon)|
|Shimeji mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the mushroom melody)|
|Shiitake mushtooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the mushroom melody)|
|Oyester mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the mushroom melody)|
|Onion||1 Small, dice (For the mushroom melody)|
Calories 1299 Calories from Fat 420
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.7%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.1 mg
Sodium 354.8 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.7 g107%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 52 g103.2%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 66.1%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 62.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the fillet: In a pan, heat the olive oil.
2. Dust the filet with salt and pepper.
3. Add to pan and cook for 30 seconds on each side and flip.
4. Remove the filet.
5. For the salad: In a bowl, add the mixed beans, tomato, green onion, garlic chives and basil.
6. For the salad dressing: In a bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, a dash of salt and a dash of pepper and combine till dressing is ready.
7. For the Mushroom melody: In the fillet pan, add the mushroom melody.
7. Add yellow pepper, onions and garlic and mix.
8. Add chicken stock, oyster sauce and stir.
9. Add butter and stir continuously.
10. For the Scarlet Prawns: In a wok, heat canola oil and add tiger prawns.
11. Add yellow onions and mix.
12. Add roma tomatoes and garlic mince.
13. Add green onions and shiitake mushrooms.
14. Add thai basil and let the flavor catch while stirring.
15. Add Shao Xing cooking wine and mix.
16. Add ABC sweet sauce, chicken stock and cornstarch slurry.
17. Add chili oil and mix.
18. Add crab fish sauce
19. Plate the salad, top with the salad dressing, add the fillet and the mushroom melody and serve.
20. Plate 1/2 cup rice, top with the Scarlet prawns. Garnish with thyme and crispy fried shallots and thai basil shrimp.