- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Urad Dal Soup Recipe Video
|Urad dal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 58.1 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 220.9%
Calcium 60.9% Iron 35.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Add Urad Dal in pressure cooker and dry roast on medium heat for 5 minutes.
2) Add water and cook until 2 whistles.
3) Once dal is cooked, whisk it well, add salt, sugar and bring it to boil one more time on medium heat.
4) Take some garlic pods and green chilies and make paste out of it.
5) For tempering heat oil, add cumin seeds, hing, garlic and chili paste and sauté for a minute.
6) Add curry leaves and pour tempering over boiled dal.
7) Serve hot with chapati, rice or have just like soup!
Dry roast dal just for 5 minutes and on medium heat, do not roast till it change its color.
Drizzle some ghee or butter over it while serving.