- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Tyropita Preparation Part 1 Recipe Video
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound (About 2 Cups)|
|Ricotta cheese||500 Gram|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 553 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80%
Saturated Fat 32.8 g163.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.2 mg
Sodium 532.5 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.55%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 18 g36.6%
Vitamin A 36.2% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 38.6% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Directions for preparation:
• Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
• In a large bowl, mix the feta, ricotta, eggs, and black pepper with your hands.
• Remove the phyllo from the package, carefully unwrap it, and lay it flat on your counter. Place a slightly damp cloth over the phyllo to prevent it from drying out.
• Place your butter in a small bowl and it microwave until softened. Get out a brush and butter a large pan.
• Cut the phyllo into 3 or 4 long strips. Take out one pile of strips and cover the rest of the phyllo with your cloth.
• Take one strip of phyllo and lightly butter it. Add another layer of phyllo and butter that too. Now drop a spoonful of the cheese mixture at the bottom of the long strip. Fold the phyllo in triangles.
• Once you have finished folding each piece, butter it and place it on the pan.
• Repeat until you have finished with the cheese mixture and the phyllo.
• Once you are finished place the pan in the oven and bake for about an hour at 325 degrees.
For more information please visit:http://thursdayfordinner.com