- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Thailand Trip with Tom Kah Gai Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, cut (long pieces)|
|Fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Lime zest||1 Tablespoon (5 Kaffir lime leaves)|
|Coconut milk||14 Fluid Ounce|
|Chicken stock||14 Fluid Ounce|
|Galangal powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 inch piece)|
|Oyster mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Lemon grass||3 Medium, cut (1 1/2 inch piece)|
|Thai chili peppers||5 Medium, cut in half|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.9%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g117.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.1 mg1%
Sodium 1166.6 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 42 g83%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 17.5%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean and cut the chicken into long bite size pieces.
2. In a bowl, take chicken pieces and pour the fish sauce. Mix well and marinate.
3. Clean and cut the oyster mushrooms by cutting off the stem.
4. Slice the onions.
5. Chop the lemon grass to 1 ½ inch pieces.
6. Wash the chilli peppers. Cut off the stem and chop it into half.
7. In a pan, pour the coconut milk, chicken broth, galangal, lemon zest. Stir and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Add the chillies, mushrooms, lime juice to the broth, milk mixture. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. To this mixture put the chicken and fish sauce.
10. Cover and continue to cook on medium heat till the chicken is fully cooked.
11. Turn off the heat and add sugar. Stir till it dissolves.
12. Into a serving bowl, pour the soup with the pieces. Garnish with cilantro leaves and eat by itself or with steamed rice.
Once the cooking is done, after dissolving sugar taste the soup to adjust the taste by adding required ingredients like lemon juice, etc.