- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Thai Shrimp And Sesame Noodles Recipe
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Light italian dressing||8 Ounce, divided (1 Bottle)|
|Chunky peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated peeled ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Capellini/Angel hair pasta||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled and shredded|
|Chopped green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
Calories 896 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.1%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.8 mg
Sodium 1823.3 mg76%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.8%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 45 g89%
Vitamin A 130% Vitamin C 57.3%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a medium bowl and marinate shrimp with 1/3 cup Light Italian Dressing.
2) Refrigerate, covered for 1 hour.
3) In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger, crushed red pepper and remaining dressing with a wire whisk or fork and keep aside.
4) After 1 hour of marination, rub off dressing from shrimp.
5) Cook capellini as per package directions and drain, when done.
6) In the meantime, take a 4-quart saucepan; heat it over high heat and allow vegetable oil and sesame oil to be heated in it until very hot.
7) Add in carrot and sauté for 1 minute.
8) Stir in shrimp and green onions and sauté for about 3 minutes until shrimp becomes opaque.
9) In a large bowl, mix hot capellini with dressing mixture and shrimp mixture, tossing to coat well.
10) Add chopped cilantro and serve hot.