- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Seared Salmon Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Salmon fillets||24 Ounce, center cut to 1 1/2 inch thick (6 fillets of 4 ounce each)|
|Kosher salt||2 Pinch|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 0.69 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 159.3 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 0 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.5% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Check the fish for pin bones. If any remove them with teasers.
2. Season with kosher salt on both the sides.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Heat a skillet/ pan on medium heat. Pour the oil and let it heat up.
5. Once both the pan and oil are hot, place the salmon carefully skin side down. Let it cook for a few minutes or till it turns brown from bottom and the salmon leaves the pan. Using metal spatula, flip it and continue to sear ot on the other side for another 1 minute.
6. Transfer the pan into the preheated oven and cook for 5 minutes or till the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
7. Remove the fish from the oven and let it rest for another minute.
8. In a serving plate, serve the salmon garnished with lemon juice and salad or as it is.