- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Puran Poli Recipe Video
|Chana dal||1 Cup (16 tbs), split|
|Jaggery||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Light Variety, Gul/Gudh)|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Maida)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2275 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.6%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g75.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.6 mg
Sodium 578.3 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 437 g145.5%
Dietary Fiber 59.9 g239.4%
Sugars 192.6 g
Protein 66 g131.4%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 103.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and soak chana dal in enough water for 4 hours.
2) Add chana dal in pressure cooker, add a cup of water and pressure cook until 4 whistles.
3) Take Maida, whole wheat flour in to a deep bowl, to that add salt, oil and mix well.
4) Add water little by little and start to knead the dough.
5) This dough has to be little loose and soft.
6) Cover and leave it to rest for 1 hour.
7) Mash boiled chana dal, add it in to pan, add jaggery in to it, mix well and cook till mixture becomes thick and starts to leave sides of pan.
8) Add cardamom powder, a dash of nutmeg, mix well. Now Puran is ready.
9) Again take just a tsp of oil and start to knead dough well.
10) Make a small ball from the dough and roll like puri.
11) Make a small ball from Puran.
12) Stuff puran in to rolled puri, seal the edges and squeeze out excess dough from it.
13) Roll in circular direction like paratha.
14) Heat up pan on a medium heat, roast puranpoli from both the sides till it gets nice golden spots.
15) Once Puranpoli is about to done, apply ghee or butter.
16) Serve hot with a dollop of ghee over it!