- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Homemade Eggnog Recipe Video
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 Large, separated|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|To beat with egg whites|
Calories 639 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.2%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 406.6 mg
Sodium 184.3 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 36.2 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 33.1% Vitamin C 0.88%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, beat egg yolks until it comes to ribbon stage.
2. Whisk constantly and slowly add the sugar (1/3 cup). Continue to whisk until sugar dissolves.
3. Gradually add milk and cream, whisking constantly.
4. Add nutmeg and bourbon. Whisk well.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add sugar (1 tablespoon) and beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Fold the egg white into the egg yolk mixture.
7. Pour in a glass and serve garnished with ground nutmeg.