- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty French Toast Recipe Video
|French baguette||1 (Stale)|
|Whole milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Custard||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1669 Calories from Fat 679
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.7%
Saturated Fat 32.5 g162.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1196.7 mg398.9%
Sodium 2418.9 mg100.8%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 66 g131.8%
Vitamin A 41.9% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 48.7% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) If you have stale baguette use it, just cut it to ½ inch (1½ centimeter) slices and then follow the recipe.
2) If you have fresh baguette you can use it as well. Just cut it to ½-in (1½cm) slices and let them stand for 30 minutes or so outside, or pop the cut slices to preheated oven to 250F (120C) for 10 minutes and then follow the recipe.
3) Take flat shallow dish with little borders and mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract, salt and 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
4) Take another shallow dish and mix sugar and cinnamon.
5) Preheat flat non stick griddle to medium-low heat and add small knob of butter.
6) Soak the baguette slices for 10 seconds or so per side in eggs batter and place them on a griddle.
7)Cook for 2 minutes or until the side caramelizes. Flip to the other side and cook for another minute or until the second side caramelizes as well.
8) Take them out and cover with sugar-cinnamon mix. Add another knob of butter to the griddle and continue frying the next batch.
9) Serve immediately and hot.