- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Crab Cakes Recipe
|White crab meat/Canned crab meat||1 Pound, cooked|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Coating)|
|Melted butter||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
Calories 2058 Calories from Fat 1734
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 197 g302.9%
Saturated Fat 113.6 g567.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 746.3 mg
Sodium 1128.9 mg47%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 32 g63.4%
Vitamin A 116.3% Vitamin C 18.7%
Calcium 37.8% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add beaten egg and lemon juice to dry ingredients.
3. Moisten with enough mayonnaise to make a mixture you can mold.
4. Season to taste.
5. Shape mixture into flat cakes.
6. Dust well with flour.
7. Chill 15 minutes on wax paper.
8. Fry cakes in melted butter until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Alternatively, dip in melted butter, then broil, turning once, until browned on both sides.