- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Chouquettes Recipe Video
|For the dough|
|Plain flour||125 Gram|
|Pearl sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (A handful used)|
|For greasing the baking sheet|
|Oil/Cooking spray / butter||2 Dash (For greasing)|
Calories 114 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.6 mg
Sodium 85.6 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.8%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 1% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Baking sheet
1. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 180 C / 356 F.
3. In a heated pan, melt butter, water, sugar and salt, stirring well. Bring to a boil.
4. Once the butter and water are well mixed and the sugar and salt dissolved, remove from the heat.
5. Add in the flour in one smooth motion, using a wooden spoon mix well, breaking all the flour lumps until you get a thick dough which does not stick to the spoon or pan and can be formed into a ball.
6. Allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes.
7. Next add the eggs in one by one, beating well between each addition untill all the 4 eggs have been mixed in.
8. Using a teaspoon, spoon blobs of dough and place into the greased baking sheet.
9. In a small bowl, beat one egg with water. Use this mixture to brush the dough blobs very lightly.
10. Sprinkle pearl sugar liberally.
11. Place into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
12. Once done, take the baking sheet out of the oven. Allow to cool, then remove the chouquettes carefully before serving.
13. Serve as it is.