- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buddocks - Home Style Meat Buns Recipe Video
|For the buns|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yeast||1 Tablespoon (Quick rise yeast used)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|For the cabbage roll filling|
|Sour cabbage||300 Gram|
|Ground beef||1 Pound (or ½ lb each of ground beef and pork, combined)|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Tomato||1 Large, diced|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg
Sodium 209.9 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 2% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. A baking sheet
1. Take 300 grams of sour cabbage and rinse the leaves under cold water to get rid of the excess brine. After that shred the cabbage and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl add 2 cups of water, half a cup of sugar and stir briefly.
3. Then add 1 tablespoon of quick rise yeast. Stir it in and let it stand for about 15 minutes while the yeast activates.
4. When the yeast is ready add salt, 2 beaten eggs, melted butter and flour. Combine until you get a ball of dough and let it stand for one hour to rise.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
6. In a large skillet or wok brown 1 pound of ground beef till it starts to change color. Then add 1 large diced onion. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes more.
7. Season with salt and pepper and add the shredded cabbage and a large diced tomato. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook under medium heat to wilt down the cabbage and break down the tomatoes.
8. When the filling is done, give it a taste and season again to taste. Remove from heat, set aside and let cool.
9. At this point the dough would be twice its size. Cut into two and roll into a sheet in the thickness of a chopstick. Cut them into palm size squares and assemble.
10. Start by putting a little of the filling into the middle of each square. Fold the corners into the center and pinch the edges to seal. Fold in the remaining corners and twist.
11. Take a baking sheet and put the buns on it, laid out in straight lines and bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Once they are done, set aside to cool as the filling will be molten hot.
13. Serve when cooled.
Fillings of your choice can be used to stuff the bun.