- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Barbecue Sauce Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||13 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Dark muscovado sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Gherkins||2 , chopped finely|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained and chopped roughly|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.5%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 1982.9 mg82.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.4%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 69.3% Vitamin C 76.4%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 30.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium size, heavy saucepan, melt the butter or margarine on a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© them in the butter for about 10 minutes or until tender and evenly browned.
3. Tip in the chopped tomatoes and stir in sugar and chili sauce. Allow the mixture to come to a boil
4. Reduce the heat and cook the sauce for about 25 minutes, until reduced and bubbly.
5. Stir in the chopped gherkins and capers and continue to simmer the sauce for another 2 minutes to absorb the flavors.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning of the sauce.
7. Use this sauce to glaze foods while barbecuing, or serve it as an accompaniment to barbecued food.