- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tart Aux Canneberges Et Pommes Recipe
|Cranberries/6.5 ounce cranberry sauce||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams, Not Necessary If Using Cranberry Sauce)|
|Cooking apples/Golden delicious apples||8 Ounce, peeled, cored and chopped|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated rind|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Hazelnuts||1 Ounce, chopped (25 Grams)|
|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce (75 Grams)|
|Seedless raisins||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3 1⁄2 Ounce (90 Grams)|
|Lard||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Plain flour||9 Ounce, sifted (250 Grams)|
|Egg white||1 , lightly whisked|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 618 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.1%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.4 mg
Sodium 57.9 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g19%
Sugars 48.2 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 20.7%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. If using cooking apples, par-cook for 4-5 minutes in a very little water.
3. Place the apples in a bowl with the cranberries, or cranberry sauce and add the lemon rind, lemon juice, hazelnuts, brown sugar, raisins, spices and salt. Stir well and leave to stand while the pastry is made.
4. Rub the fats lightly into the flour, then bind with the egg yolk and sufficient water to give a firm dough. Knead lightly until the pastry is smooth.
5. Roll out three-quarters of the pastry and use it to line a 23 cm (9 inch) loose-bottomed fluted flan tin. Fill the flan with the apple and cranberry mixture. Roll out the rest of the dough and cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) strips. Cover the top of the flan with a lattice of pastry strips.
6. Brush the lattice with egg white and sprinkle with caster sugar.
7. Place the flan tin on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes until well browned.