- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tart Aux Canneberges Et Pommes Recipe
|Cranberries/6.5 ounce cranberry sauce||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Cranberries/1 jar of 6 1/2 ounce, cranberry sauce||4 Ounce, mixed with sugar (100 Gram)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cooking apples/Golden delicious eating apples||8 Ounce, peeled, cored and chopped (225 Gram)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated rind|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon (From 1/2 Fruit)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Hazelnuts||1 Ounce, chopped (25 Grams)|
|Chopped hazelnuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Seedless raisins||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Hard margarine||3 1⁄2 Ounce (90 Gram)|
|Lard||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Plain flour||9 Ounce, sifted (250 Gram)|
|Egg white||1 , lightly whisked|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.4 mg
Sodium 58.3 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 25.8%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. If using cooking apples, par-cook for 4-5 minutes in a very little water.
3. Place the apples in a bowl with the cranberries, or cranberry sauce and add the lemon rind, lemon juice, hazelnuts, brown sugar, raisins, spices and salt. Stir well and leave to stand while the pastry is made.
4. Rub the fats lightly into the flour, then bind with the egg yolk and sufficient water to give a firm dough. Knead lightly until the pastry is smooth.
5. Roll out three-quarters of the pastry and use it to line a 23 cm (9 inch) loose-bottomed fluted flan tin. Fill the flan with the apple and cranberry mixture. Roll out the rest of the dough and cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) strips. Cover the top of the flan with a lattice of pastry strips.
6. Brush the lattice with egg white and sprinkle with caster sugar.
7. Place the flan tin on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes until well browned.