- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tarragon Salmon with Crispy Root Chips Recipe
|Root vegetable||28 Ounce, cut into chips (800 Gram Or 1 Pound, 12 Ounce Of Mixed Varieties, Such As Carrot, Parsnip And Celeriac)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salmon fillets||20 Ounce (4 Pieces, 5 Ounce Or 140 Gram Each)|
|Chopped fresh tarragon||2 Teaspoon|
|White wine||250 Milliliter (1 Large Glass)|
|Tender spinach leaves||14 Ounce (400 Gram Young Leaves)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Use A Little)|
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.7 mg
Sodium 316.2 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 34 g67.5%
Vitamin A 668.5% Vitamin C 21.6%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
2) In a pan, steam or boil the mixed roots for 5 minutes. Drain the water and pat dry. Keep them aside.
3) In a non-stick roasting tin, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Place it in the oven for a minute to heat the oil. Now add the mixed roots, and jostle to coat them with oil.
4) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes till the chips are crisp and golden. Jostling the pan once halfway though cooking.
5) As the roots are baking, Sprinkle tarragon, salt and pepper over each salmon fillet and season.
6) Heat a large non-stick frying pan with oil in it. Place fillets flesh-side down and cook for a few minutes till the flesh is starts to brown. Flip the fillets to the other side and cook for a few minutes more.
7) Now, surge the wine into the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer the salmon in the wine for about 5 to 7 minutes. Basting once or twice while cooking. Remove from heat when the salmon fillets are cooked and the sauce is moderately thickened.
8) In a kettle, boil some water. Keep all the spinach leaves in a large colander. Pour the hot water over the leaves till they soften and wilt. Drain out all the water and season the spinach with nutmeg to taste.
9) Warm 4 plates, divide the spinach among them. Place the salmon fillets on top. Spoon in some sauce over each plate. Serve with mixed roots chips.