- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tarragon Chicken Recipe
|Chicken||4 Pound (1.8 Kilogram)|
|Potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound (1.1 Kilogram)|
|Streaky bacon||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Leeks||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Fresh tarragon/3 teaspoon dried tarragon||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6994 Calories from Fat 3510
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 394 g605.4%
Saturated Fat 153.8 g769.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1631.4 mg
Sodium 5729.2 mg238.7%
Total Carbohydrates 412 g137.3%
Dietary Fiber 53.7 g214.8%
Sugars 63.5 g
Protein 469 g937.4%
Vitamin A 659.4% Vitamin C 634.3%
Calcium 179.8% Iron 358.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas 7.
2) In a pan, add the chicken with carrot, celery, onion and peppercorns. Pour some water and cook for 1 hr 20 min.
3) Take away the chicken and vegetable from the pan, leave to cool.
4) Heat the stock and reduce to 1 pt (600 ml). Strain through a sieve.
5) In a pan, par-boil the potatoes, cool, skin and grate. Season to taste.
6) Using a knife, chop the bacon, leeks and mushrooms.
7) In a frying pan, crisply fry the bacon, remove, fry the mushrooms a few minutes, remove.
8) In the same pan, melt half the butter and oil, fry the leeks and tarragon for 5 minutes, stir in flour, cook for 1 minute, pour in stock and milk.
9) Let it simmer until thick and season. Remove from heat and cool.
10) Separate the cooked chicken flesh from the bones, stir into the sauce with the mushrooms and bacon.
11) Transfer into a casserole dish, top with grated potato, drizzle with melted butter.
12) Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
13) Serve hot.