- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Cod roe||1⁄2 Pound, smoked (225 Gram)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small|
|White bread slices||2 Small|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1118 Calories from Fat 880
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.3%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 200.8 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 35.9%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the skin of cod's roe and scoop out the flesh using teaspoon.
2) Keep in a mixing basin.
3) Peel garlic and finely chop.
4) Trim the bread crust.
5) Blend Taramasalata in an electric blender until smooth.
6) Add seasoning and parsley.
7) Mix cod's roe with garlic and beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until blended.
8) If you prefer milder garlic flavour, rub the inside of the serving pot with whole crushed garlic.
9) In a bowl add milk and soak bread for 2-3 minutes.
10) Squeeze out the bread and add to cod's roe. Blend.
11) Add one tablespoon of oil at a time and mix.
12) Alternate with little lemon juice.
13) Sprinkle pepper and add chopped parsley. Beat together.
14) Fill into small covered pot and chill.
15) The spread can be used on canapes, or use to stuff celery stalks.
16) Alternately, pass with hot toast and butter.