- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tapioca Pudding Recipe
|1% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quick cooking tapioca pearls||2 Tablespoon, uncooked|
|Granulated sugar||4 Teaspoon (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.5 mg20.8%
Sodium 87.9 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.27%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 16.6% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In microwave proof mixing bowl combine milks, tapioca, and sugar and stir to dissolve sugar.
2. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on High (100%) for 3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
3. Uncover and microwave on High for 4 minutes, until thickened.
4. In separate microwavable mixing bowl lightly beat egg yolk with a wire whisk; gradually beat in the milk mixture.
5. Stir in vanilla and microwave on Medium (50%), uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
6. Using an electric mixer on high speed beat egg white until stiff but not dry.
7. Gently stir milk mixture into beaten egg white until thoroughly combined.
8. Into each of four 6-ounce custard cups pour 1/4 of pudding mixture (about 1/2 cup).
9. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
10. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours, until pudding is chilled and set.
11. Serve the Tapioca Pudding in individual dessert bowl and serve as an excellent dessert.