- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna And Roasted Pepper Tapas Recipe Video
|Tuna steak||6 Ounce|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, roasted and finely sliced|
|Corn oil||1 Ounce|
|For the dressing|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Salt and pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.9 mg10%
Sodium 981.7 mg40.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 44.8% Vitamin C 161.7%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, add lemon, garlic, capers, salt and pepper. Continue whisking and stir in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
2. In a plate, add the tuna fillets and coat it well with 2 tablespoon of the dressing. Set it aside for 1 minute.
3. In a saute pan on medium high, heat oil for pan frying the tuna. Once the oil is hot, place the tuna fillets and pan fry them on each side for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat or until light golden brown and crisp.
4. In the bowl with the liquid dressing, add the roasted pepper slices and mix well. Set it aside.
5. Once the tuna fillets are cooked. Take one fillet and slice it finely leaving the other as a whole fillet.
6. On a serving plate, add about 1 tablespoon of the roasted red pepper slices in the center and places a few slices of the tuna fillet on one side of the pepper slices. Garnish it with basil leaves.
7. Serve this tuna and roasted pepper tapas over a glass of cherry.