- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Taos Caesar Recipe
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled and seeded|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Romaine lettuce hearts||6|
|Parmesan cheese||6 Ounce, thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler|
|Chives||9 , cut in half|
|Croutons||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chile powder||To Taste|
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 494
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.7%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.4 mg
Sodium 1650.1 mg68.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 21 g41.9%
Vitamin A 679.8% Vitamin C 147.4%
Calcium 55.8% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the dressing for the salad, in a blender or food processor, process the tomatoes, anchovies, egg yolk, garlic and vinegar until well blended and smooth in consistency.
2. With the motor running on a low speed, gradually pour in the oil until all is incorporated.
3. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to your taste.
4. To assemble the salad, on 6 chilled plates, make a bed of the lettuce spears.
5. Generously pour the dressing over the spears and arrange 3 chives, 3 anchovy fillets and shaved parmesan on each lettuce bed.
6. Dust the croutons lightly with chili powder and scatter over the salad.
7. Serve immediately.