- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tangy Tuna Tetrazzini Recipe
|Linguine||1⁄2 Pound (1/2 Of 1-Lb. Package)|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Ounce|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned condensed cream of celery soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped broccoli||10 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
|Almond slivers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.9 mg
Sodium 1785.5 mg74.4%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 105.4%
Calcium 44% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Finely shred the cheese in a food process or using a cheese grater. Keep aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. In a large saucepan, bring 3 quarters of salted water to a boil.
4. Add the linguine and boil for 8-10 minutes until it is 70% cooked.
5. Drain the pasta in a colander.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, flake the tuna into small chunks.
7. Stir in the soup until well blended.
8. In a shallow 1 1/2-quart or 8-inch square baking dish or casserole, layer half the pasta.
9. Top it with the broccoli and sprinkle half the cheese on top.
10. Layer the remaining linguine and spread the tuna mixture over it.
11. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and slivered almond.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
13. Serve the pasta straight out of the oven.