- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tangy Tomato Sorbet Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Pound, coarsely chopped (6 Medium Sized)|
|Ripe avocado||8 Ounce, peeled, seeded & coarsely chopped (1 Avocado)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground hot red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 155.1 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 40.5%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small saucepan and heat water and sugar in it over medium flame until sugar dissolves completely. Set aside the sugar syrup to cool.
2) Place avocado and tomatoes in an electric blender or food processor container. Blend to form a smooth paste.
3) Force the puree through a sieve using the back of a spoon. Discard the solids collected in the sieve.
4) Add lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, coriander, celery salt, sugar syrup and red hot pepper.
5) Freeze the prepared mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
6) Serve immediately or freeze for not more than 2 hours. Garnish with lime slices, tomato wedges and parsley, if desired.