- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tangy Mango Dal Recipe Video
|Toor dal/Pigeon peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raw mango||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, diced (Kari)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||4 Medium, slitted (or more if you like)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Mustard seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||2 Tablespoon (about 10-12)|
|Dried red chili||4 Large (or more if you like)|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 206.2 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 70%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse toor dal under cold water and turn into a medium size pressure cooker.
2. Add turmeric powder, hing, finely chopped green chilies and mix well.
3. Then add diced raw mango, enough water to cook the dal.
4. Put the lid on and cook for about 25 minutes or 3 to 4 whistles.
5. After the dal is boiled, mash it very well and some water to adjust the consistency.
6. Add salt to taste and mix well.
7. For the tempering, heat up oil in a small pan.
8. After oil is hot add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
9. Then add cumin seeds and dried red chilies and grated garlic, mix and cook for a while.
10. Add the curry leaves and let them crackle. Stand back while preparing the tempering.
11. Pour the tempering over the boiled dal.
12. Mix well and reheat if required.
13. Serve hot with rice or chapati!