- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tangy Chicken Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 , cut into pieces|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
Calories 1118 Calories from Fat 681
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.2%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g107.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 375 mg
Sodium 1014.9 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 94 g188.7%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a deep kettle with tight-fitting lid, put chicken.
2) Pour in water, bay leaves, onion, celery, salt, pepper and thyme.
3) Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 40-50 minutes.
4) Strain broth and reserve 2 1/2 cups.
5) Add flour to 1/2 cup cooled stock and beat to smooth.
6) In the remaining stock, add lemon slices.
7) Slowly add flour mixture to stock, stirring constantly and cook until thickened.
8) Place chicken inside the stock and heat.
9) Serve by garnishing with para-ley.