- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tangy Cauliflower Salad Recipe
|Cauliflower heads||2 Medium, separated into cauliflowerets for about 8 cups|
|Carrots||4 Medium, cut in 2-inch julienne strips for 2 cups|
|French salad dressing||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Blue cheese||2 Ounce, crumbled for 1/2 cup|
|Avocados||2 Small, peeled and sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1420 Calories from Fat 1005
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g177.8%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.5 mg
Sodium 2254.1 mg93.9%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 34.2 g136.8%
Sugars 44.4 g
Protein 28 g55%
Vitamin A 1833.6% Vitamin C 327.8%
Calcium 66.1% Iron 52.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut cauliflowers in half lengthwise.
2) In a saucepan, cook cauliflowers, carrots in boiling salted water, drain, and season with salt and pepper.
3) In a bowl, combine blue cheese, French dressing, lemon juice and basil and toss the cauliflower in it.
4) Cover and refrigerate the mixture.
5) Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl, topped with avocado slices.