- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tangerines En Surprise Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated tangerine peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mint||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||2 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Yellow food coloring||2 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Sugar||18 Tablespoon, divided|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1743 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 167.5 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 443 g147.5%
Dietary Fiber 22.7 g90.8%
Sugars 391.9 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 148.5% Vitamin C 560%
Calcium 45.7% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove the seeds from the sections and extract the juice by pressing the sections in a potato ricer. Use enough additional tangerine sections to make two cups juice.
3. Combine the water, one cup sugar and the corn syrup and boil briskly five minutes. Add the grated tangerine peel and cool.
4. Add the tangerine and lemon juices and a few drops of red and yellow food coloring to the syrup mixture. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and pour into a shallow pan. Freeze until mushy.
5. When the ice is partly set, beat the egg whites with two tablespoons sugar until stiff. Fold into the ice and continue to freeze until the ice is solid.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each tangerine shell with two scoops of the ice. Cover each with a tangerine top. Assemble in a pan, wrap with foil and return to the freezer until ready to serve. Garnish each with a sprig of mint