- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tangerine Flower Salad Recipe
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Lettuce head||1 Small|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.7 mg
Sodium 383.5 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 183.8% Vitamin C 88%
Calcium 17% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a sharp pointed knife cut through the peel beginning at blossom end of each tangerine and make 4 shallow cuts.
2) Cut up until the stem end.
3) Pull the back skin in 4 sections.
4) Peel skin back to make a case resembling petals of a flower, keeping skin joined at stem end.
5) Take out the fruit, separate into sections, removing white pith.
6) Chop sections into small pieces.
7) In a medium bowl put tangerine.
8) Add nuts, cottage cheese, raisins, salt, and pepper.
9) Dollop the filling into tangerine shells.
10) Assemble lettuce leaves on 4 individual plates.
11) Put full tangerine shells on top of lettuce leaves.
12) Serve immediately.