- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Tang soo yook (탕수육) Recipe Video
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Fruit cocktail||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Beef/Pork or chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 2-inch long strips|
|Cooking wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (For frying)|
|Corn starch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the sauce|
|Corn starch||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||4 Tablespoon (Brown rice vinegar or apple vinegar)|
Calories 4905 Calories from Fat 4204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 475 g731.2%
Saturated Fat 66 g329.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.1 mg
Sodium 1380.2 mg57.5%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 36.5 g
Protein 33 g65.4%
Vitamin A 58.5% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, combine the beef pieces, cooking wine, salt and pepper. Combine well and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. To make the batter, take a large bowl and add corn starch, flour, and egg. Add in the water slowly and mix well till a smooth consistency is reached.
3. Take a pan, add oil for frying. Dip each of the strips of beef in the better and fry them in the oil. Remove them onto a plate when done.
4. To make the sauce take a saucepan and add water to it. To this add corn starch, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and mix well. Boil until it becomes a little thick.
5. Once the required thick consistency is reached add the fruit cocktail (without the syrup). Add in the onion, cucumber and carrot slices. Boil the sauce for another 5 minutes. And its ready to serve.
6. Serve the fried meat with the sauce poured over it. The dish can be served with rice or noodles.