- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tandoori Style Prawns Recipe
|King prawns||12 (Shrimp)|
|Unsalted butter||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram /8 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Cilantro)|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop (A Few Drops)|
|Green chilies||2 , finely chopped|
|Lemon||1 , cut into wedges|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1184 Calories from Fat 753
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g131.7%
Saturated Fat 52.7 g263.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1197.4 mg
Sodium 2895.1 mg120.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 96 g192.4%
Vitamin A 223% Vitamin C 196.1%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Transfer the shelled prawns (shrimp) to a heatproof dish.
3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
4. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, salt, ground coriander, ground cumin, fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves and the red food colouring to the butter and mix together until well combined.
5. Brush the melted butter and spice mixture over the prawns (shrimp).
6. Cook the prawns (shrimp) under a very hot pre-heated grill (broiler) for 10-12 minutes, turning once.
7. Serve the prawns (shrimp) on a bed of lettuce and garnish with Finely chopped green Chillies and lemon wedges.