- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tandoori Cornish Hens Recipe
|Cornish hens||3 Pound (2 whole, 1 1/2 pound / 750 grams each)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Finely chopped ginger root||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Sour cream/Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.5 mg
Sodium 150.5 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 20 g40.4%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the hens rinse them and pat dry inside and out with paper towels.
2. In a bowl combine lemon juice, gingerroot, turmeric, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and garlic and stir into sour cream.
3. In plastic bag or large bowl pour over hens, turning to coat hens all over.
4. With cover refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times.
5. In a shallow oval or rectangular dish place hens, breast sides down and brush with marinade.
6. With waxed paper cover and microwave at High for 8 minutes, rotating dish once.
7. Turn hens over and brush with marinade.
8. With waxed paper cover and microwave at Medium-High (70%) for 8 minutes, rotating dish once.
9. If under broiler or on grill, remove the hens just before they finish cooking and let it stand for 10 minutes.
10. Alternately, microwave at High for 2 to 4 minutes longer or until thigh is no longer pink near bone when tested with knife and let it stand for 10 minutes.
11. Season lightly with salt, cut hens in two using poultry shears discarding the backbone and serve.