- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Battered Tandoori Chicken Recipe
|Green chilies||20 Gram|
|Green papaya||5 Gram|
|Chili powder||5 Gram|
|Kashmiri chili powder||10 Gram|
|Orange color||3 Gram (Erythrocyn)|
|Salad oil||15 Milliliter|
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132 mg
Sodium 212.3 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 40 g80.2%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut slits lengthwise over the breast portion and breadthwise over the leg portion carefully.
3. Apply salt all over.
4. Sprinkle lime juice and keep aside.
5. Grind together green chillies, ginger and garlic.
6. Beat curds thoroughly. Add ground spices. Grind papaya and add. Beat well again.
7. Add the chilli powders and beat well.
8. Add salad oil and colour and strain through a fine sieve.
9. Smear the batter all over the body of the chicken and well inside the slits. Let it soak in the batter for at least 12 hours.
10. Thread chicken on to a thin iron rod and place it well inside the tandoor.
11. Remove after 5-7 minutes. Smear with oil, and place again in the tandoor.
12. Remove when well done. Serve hot with onion rings and pieces of lime.