- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tandalachi Ukad Recipe Video
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||5 Small|
|Rice flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.4 mg
Sodium 23.7 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix 1 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup yogurt well.
2. In a pan heat oil and sizzle mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
3. Add grated ginger, finely chopped green chilies, curry leaves and turmeric powder and cook for a minute.
4. Add buttermilk in to above tempering.
5. Add salt and sugar to taste in butter milk, mix well and bring that to a boil over medium high heat.
6. Add rice flour all at once, mix well, cover and cook covered for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot with a dollop of ghee on the top!