- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Pakora Recipe Video
|Potatoes||2 Large, diced|
|Gram flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (chick pea flour)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 147 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 278.1 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except the potatoes and make a nice thick batter.
2. Add the diced potatoes into the batter and coat them well in the batter.
4. Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat and spoon in the potato mixture into the hot oil.
5. Deep fry the pakora in the oil until nicely crisp and evenly golden brown.
6. Remove and place on kitchen roll tissue to drain out any excess oil.
7. Serve the pakoras hot and crispy with tomato ketchup or a sweet/spicy chutney. This is the perfect evening snack for rainy or winter days.