- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Chicken Karai Recipe Video
|Boneless chicken||1 Kilogram, cubed|
|Crushed tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), warmed|
|Green chilies||3 Medium, slit lengthwise|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh coriander||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.4 mg
Sodium 967.1 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 42 g84.6%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 89.2%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.To marinate the chicken, add in the lemon juice, fresh garlic, garam masala, tumeric, chili powder, cumin powder and fresh coriander, mix well to coat the chicken and leave for an hour.
2. In a pan, saute the green chillies and the onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Now put the marinated chicken in the pan and fry until cooked or tender.
5. Add some more oil if it starts to stick to the pan.
6. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Stir well.
7. Simmer for a while and add the sauted onion and green chillies.
8. Simmer covered on a low heat for further 5-10 minutes.
9. Serve the dish on a plate of brown rice or steamed rice and garnish with chopped spring onions or coriander.
10. You can also serve the Karai Chicken with parathas, naan or roti and accompany with fresh salad vegetables.